- Unopened cans can be stored for up to 24 months.
- Cans do not need to be refrigerated and can be stored at room temperature (70° F), out of sunlight.
- 24 – 48 hours if kept cool (60 – 70° F).
- If kept refrigerated (40° F) it can be stored for 1 week.
No, by storing the solution in the freezer the bacteria might get killed.
Yes, by laboratory analysis: Product-specific fermentation patterns can be identified and thus the efficacy can be proven!
No, by using the right BONSILAGE product, which is designed for forages containing low dry matter levels it is not necessary to increase the dosage!
Silages containing very low dry matter contents are prone for butyric acid fermentation, while silages contain high dry matter levels are prone for reheating during feed-out.
- Each forage has its own requirements and therefore BONSILAGE products are specially tailored to those requirements.
- Also, special fermentation add-ons such as the formation of propylene glycol require high concentrations of special LAB.
Yes, several BONSILAGE products have a targeted effect against molds!
- The decisive factor is which microorganisms have produced the acetic acid during the ensiling process. Undesirable fermentation failures result in the formation of not only acetic acid, but also other unwanted substances that reduce feed intake and cause high dry matter losses during the ensiling process.
- Acetic acid produced by Lb. buchneri does not lower the intake!
BONSILAGE is a purely biological silage additive that induce a lactic acid fermentation with all its benefits (e.g. pleasant smell, high palatability etc.) Chemical products have a preservative effect only without mentioned additional positive effects.
Short wilting time times promote ensilability and prevent carbohydrate losses. They additionally improve protein quality, as proteolysis is reduced.